Mergers and Acquisitions for A/E Firms
The merger of two Architectural/Engineering firms is a delicate process that can quickly be derailed by legal positioning or maneuvering. Our services include the facilitation of merger negotiations to maximize the chances of reaching an agreement.
Developing your internal ownership options in conjunction with merger negotiations can help assess whether to carry on independently or whether the best value and outcome can be achieved through a business combination with another firm. Understanding if a merger or acquisition is right for your firm requires that you know your next best alternative.
Our Merger and Acquisition services include:
- Acquisition searches for both buyers and sellers,
- The facilitation of merger negotiations,
- The valuation of A/E practices and comparisons with market valuations
- The structuring of merger agreements to meet business objectives and, if possible, obtain tax-free reorganization status
- The management of legal services in the development of the detailed merger agreements