Florida’s Public Records Act & Design Professional
What is the Florida Sunshine Law? How is the law being used to scam design firms? Mark Schultz of Henderson, Franklin, Starnes & Holt, PA will answer these questions and more in an effort to help design professionals protect their firms by identifying potential public records scams.
During this one-hour presentation, attendees will be exposed to the following learning objectives:
- Understand when a design profession may be subject to the Florida Public Records Act, F.S. Chapter 119
- Understand how a public records request may come to a design professional
- Understand the possible responses to a public records request
- Understand the possible penalties for failing to respond to a proper public records request
- Understand the complexities and grey areas in the Florida Public Records Act, F.S Chapter 119, that affect a design professional’s obligation to respond or not to a public records request.