AE Blog - Why One Broker
As specialists in providing professional liability insurance to architects, engineers, land surveyors, and environmental consultants, a good number of our 3,000 customers purchase their PC coverages through their local agent or continue to purchase this coverage through the agent they had for their PLI coverage before they switched to us. We encourage our customers to let us quote their PC coverages concurrent with their PLI insurance renewal for a number of reasons, including:
- It allows a single point in time each year to make insurance purchase decisions.
- It allows us to issue one comprehensive certificate of insurance each year at renewal to all of your clients that require a current certificate on file with them.
- Only one certificate is needed to represent all of your coverages on new project contracts that you enter into throughout the year.
- It allows us to provide more comprehensive contract reviews for our clients and verify that all of the project’s required coverages for both PC and PLI are in place.
- Some insurance companies offer discounts for having both their PL and PC coverage with them in-turn saving our clients even more on their insurance premiums.
Also our expertise as A/E insurance specialists provides us the experience to know the proper coverages and limits for our clients. We are able to write insurance in all 50 states (limited in Alaska and Hawaii). We have in-house underwriting authority so your quote turnaround time is quick. Architects, engineers, surveyors, and environmental consultants have unique requirements for PC coverages and we offer a number of companies with well designed coverage programs and competitive rates.
A well designed PC coverage package for an A/E firms has a number of features, including:
- Blanket Waiver of Subrogation
- Blanket Additional Insureds with primary/noncontributory status
- Per Project Aggregates extend the GL limit to apply separately to each insured project
- Enhanced limits and features on property coverage – particularly for equipment used off premises
Let us show you what we can do for you and how much easier it is to have your PLI and PC coverages with a firm that specializes in insuring design firms.